Friday, August 27, 2010

"TARDIS" game available now!

"TARDIS", my episode of Doctor Who: The Adventure Games is available now, at this link! It's free to download for UK folk, but don't worry if you're outside the UK - you can buy it here!*

I've been working on the game for ages, and am incredibly pleased with it. I've never written a game before, it was a fascinating, fun process. In many ways, it's like working on a TV show that's in production, and working within the constraints of their sets, characters, and props - but it's also completely different, because you have to allow for gameplay, but there are no limits to what you can show. It was great fun writing it, and I hope you enjoy playing it. Just be careful with those controls!

Update! The thing I couldn't tell you until now: the main villain in this is voiced by the only and only Sarah Douglas, who you will know from the first two Superman movies, the original V series, Stargate SG-1, Falcon Crest, and many, many more movies and TV shows. I'm ridiculously excited that she's playing a part I wrote, and I got to meet her at a recording session, which was amazing. She plays The Entity, and is absolutely brilliant. Now go! Download! Play!


--------------------------------------------------------
*We get it free because we pay for a TV licence to get the BBC, and we also get one free trip in the TARDIS per year included in that fee, so if you don't want to pay the few dollars/euros/whatever, just come to live here, and get a TV licence. Simples!