Friday, October 29, 2010

Torchwood Magazine - the "lost" season 2 episodes

Issue 24 of Torchwood Magazine is out this week, and has a great feature by James Goss about the "lost" episodes of Torchwood season 2. I've often talked about how I got the job originally, and that I had 3 pitches for episodes, one of which became Sleeper. But what were the other two? What was the original, slightly different outline like? What changes were made? And how was Gwen nearly killed by cheese?

Find out the answers to all these questions, and more - there's a summary of my original outline, an interview with me, and two deleted script scenes that were removed when a subplot changed. There's also lots of material from Joe Lidster, Phil Ford, and Andrew Cartmel, about their episodes that never were. It's a really interesting article, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in it - although, obviously, the addition of me makes *everything* 87% more interesting.

Also, the new Torchwood comic has reprinted my Torchwood Magazine story, "Stakes on a Plane", in issues 3 and 4, with what looks like one or two extra illustrations. If you didn't catch it, check it out, and you can also find Gareth David-Lloyd's comic reprinted in two parts as well.

Go and find these quality items, purchase them, read them, love them, hold them close to your heart. Or the editors will come looking for you.