Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Official Facebook page thingy

I've been on Facebook for a while, but it's a personal account for family and friends only. I've tried to make it clear that I won't accept requests from people I don't know, but I still get several requests per day from complete strangers. I'm sure they're lovely strangers, but I don't want all my personal stuff on display to people I don't know. That's just common sense, for everyone. I'm sure you understand my feelings on this, and if you don't, then we're probably not going to get on very well anyway, so never mind.

Anyway, to keep my public stuff and private stuff separate, there's now a public Facebook page, which you can visit here. If you're vaguely interested in my work, etc etc, you can go there and click "Like", and will be part of my official, public space on the Book of Faces. There's no restrictions, anyone can "like" it and post stuff, and I'll try to keep it updated with news and stuff that's too short for blog posts, maybe even stuff that won't be on here or the Twitter. It'll also automagically update whenever I post a blog entry here. Including this one, announcing the page itself, in a weird, recursive loop that may well destroy the very fabric of reality if we're not careful.

I feel like a terrible, self promoting shill mentioning it here, but it has to be done, and it makes sense to keep the two separate. I just wish instead of a "Like" button, there was a "I'm vaguely interested in the work of this person" button, so it doesn't look like some weird plea to be loved. Now go and validate me, or I'll sulk.