Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Final issue of Torchwood Magazine

The final issue of Torchwood Magazine is out this week, and it's a real shame to see it go. It may well rise again at some point, but in the meantime, if you want a copy, get down to your local newsagent, because they'll probably be snapped up quickly.

I've got a short story in the final issue, which is appropriate given that it's my farewell to a character that I love, but never got the chance to do more with. If you read the previous issue, you'll have seen James Goss' excellent Lost Stories article, which featured all the unused season 2 storylines from me, Phil Ford and Joe Lidster. One of mine has been stuck in my head ever since I originally pitched it, back in December 2006, and I've always wanted to come back to it. So now I have.

"Unplugged" is the result, and is a bit different to "Stakes on a Plane" and "Virus", it's more of a quiet, character-led piece, beautifully illustrated by Adrian Salmon. I'm really happy with how it came out, and honoured to be a part of the final issue of TWM. Toshiko Sato, this one's for you.