Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SFX Blog Awards 2011 nominee

The shortlist for the SFX Blog Awards 2011 have just been announced, and there are several very worthy blog nominees for you to vote on, including the blog of an extremely handsome, talented writer called-- oh, how embarrassing! It's me!

Yes indeed, my blog has been shortlisted for the SFX Blog Awards 2011 in the "Best Celebrity Blog" category. I'm not actually a celeb, but I'll gladly accept any validation I can get. You can vote for it on their website from today. Clickyclicky on the badge below to go to the voting page (I'm on page 7, but there are other categories on the other pages):


I'm very grateful to be nominated, and I know very well that I won't win at all - Paul Cornell, John Scalzi, Jane Espenson, Wil Wheaton, and Neil Gaiman?? I'll be lucky to get last place! But if for some bizarre reason you like the Spork more than the others, please go and vote, and I'll be eternally grateful to you. Note: when I say "eternally" I *do* mean until the end of time. But "grateful" doesn't mean I'll grant you any sexual favours or give you money or help you to build a barn or anything. It simply means I will experience feelings of gratitude towards you.

Thank you to anyone who votes, and may the best blog win! Actually, let me rephrase that: may the best blog *not* win, and may the others not win too, so that mine can win!