Sunday, June 12, 2011

Girl Number 9 in America June 14th

Americans! America-adjacent folk! Canadians! People who can access American-region-locked-web-stuff! Girl Number 9 is coming your way, next week!

Yes, I know lots of you have had to wait a while for this, but Vincent Boylan will finally unleash his madness upon you next week, only on FEARnet. I haven't linked to the article mentioning it, because it's *very* spoilery - so if you'd rather not know one of the big twists, don't go and read the article! You have been warned! I'll link to the page when it goes live, though.

The dates and times are as follows (from the site): FEARnet will air the first two episodes on Tuesday, June 14th, and then release one episode per day on Wednesday and Thursday, with the two concluding suspense-filled episodes airing Friday, June 17th.  After the initial airing on, Girl Number 9 will be available at a later date on the FEARnet On-Demand network and FEARnet's emerging cable channel.

I'm really excited that it's going to be hitting America in a big way, and gaining an even bigger audience. Airing it on FEARnet will hopefully mean that a lot more people will get to see Matheson and Lyndon crossing swords with Boylan, and the carnage that ensues. I'm told the episodes will stay on FEARnet for the summer, and then will go onto their VOD. So pass it on! Tell your friends! And enjoy! Well, maybe "enjoy" isn't quite the right word for a dark, brutal thriller about a demented serial killer, but you know what I mean. Be thrilled! Be afraid! But most importantly, be on FEARnet next week!

You can read more snippets of info about Girl Number 9 (and lots of other stuff I've worked on) thanks to Stargate SG-1/SGA/SGU big cheese and lovely chap Joseph Mallozzi, who has very kindly given me a Q&A on his fantastic blog, linked here. He got in touch back during the online kerfuffle that happened here in July 2009, as he's had his own share of online kerfuffles, and wanted to let me know I was not alone (read his original post about our online meeting here). He's a very cool, funny gent, and I'm honoured to be featured on his blog. He's currently making a TV series based on the Transporter movies, which I'm dying to see, and has also been looking back at his years on SG-1 in a series of fascinating posts. So go and read the post about me, then read everything else. Don't go there if you're hungry though, there are a LOT of posts about food which will drive you insane if you have nothing to eat nearby.

I don't yet have any information about a UK release, or any other countries. When I know more, you'll be the first second third people *very* near the top of the list to know!