Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tower Block announced

The secret is out: I've written another movie. Well, I've written several, but this one is getting made next week. It's called Tower Block, it's a dark, gritty action thriller about a sniper attacking the residents of a tower block (hence the name), and it starts filming this Monday, 18th July.

Okay, it wasn't *really* a secret, we just didn't want to announce it before we had everything in place. Also, I get paranoid that I'll jinx things by mentioning them too early, so I've kept quiet about it until now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not superstitious - it's just that if I don't follow my own irrational routines, then the WORLD WILL END.

Tower Block stars Sheridan Smith, Jack O'Connell, Russell Tovey, and Ralph Brown, and is being co-directed by Ronnie Thompson and James Nunn. There are more cast to announce, but I'll wait until the publicity people reveal them. I'm so excited that it's getting made, with such a fantastic cast and an amazing directing duo, and I'm dying to see what madness and mayhem they achieve on screen. I can't wait to sit at the back of the cinema and watch the audiences when it's out, too - this one's going to be a nail biter, it's relentless.

You can see more details at various sites which are picking up on the news, starting with the sterling folk at Den of Geek, who have more plot details. It's also featured on Screen Daily, who for some strange reason *don't* have a photo of me. Stick with Den of Geek, they know what the public want - pics of me. I'll update more when I can. In the meantime, I look forward to scaring your socks off when it comes out...