Monday, October 03, 2011

World's Collider and GameCityNights

Some news! Some actual news! Behold:

I'm writing a short story for a new anthology called World's Collider. It's a really cool shared world anthology, and I'm in very impressive company. The editor is the brilliant Richard Salter, who gave me my first print short story commission ages ago in Short Trips: Transmissions. Click here to go to the Facebook page for more details, and click here to see the table of contents with the story titles and authors. And when I say "I'm writing a short story", I obviously mean "I will be writing a short story, hopefully sometime before the deadline arrives, and before Mr Salter shoots me in the face with a Deadline Gun." I'm really pleased to be part of this, and can't wait to get started.

GameCityNights, the gaming event in Nottingham, has invited me back again, having clearly not learned its lesson from the last time I was there. I'll be there on Friday 28th October, for their Fear Friday event, talking a bit about Cockneys Vs Zombies (just a bit, no spoilers), and taking part in a panel discussion about horror. There are lots of other guests, including Charlie Higson, who will be reading from his new zombie novel, and politely listening to my drunken Ted and Ralph impressions later in the evening until he can escape. I recently did a playable newsletter for GameCityNights, which you can pick up for free in many of Nottingham's "bars, venues, cafes, shops, and other establishments". It's a Fighting Fantasy micro-adventure called "The Tentacled Horror", written by me and Ian Livingstone, so see if you can track down a copy.

In movie news, sonar-emitting mole-people are still working away in darkened rooms on Cockneys Vs Zombies and Tower Block, doing editing and soundy and effecty things. No news yet on release dates, but I will of course be shouting about them when I know.

Nothing else to report for now, or at least, nothing I can talk about. Still doing lots of in-development stuff, embryonic new shows, possible new movies, too early to mention yet.

Oh, and one other little thing: I was recently made Emperor of the Known and Unknown Universe, forever. So yeah, I've got that going for me now. Please don't bow, there's no need for that. Just nod and smile.