Friday, June 15, 2012

Tower Block at FrightFest 2012

I'm very excited and chuffed to say that Tower Block will be the closing night movie at this year's FrightFest! I'm bouncing off the walls right now. FrightFest is brilliant, it's been 6 years since Severance was the opening night movie there, so it feels like coming home.

And Tower Block was born there, too. The idea came to me while watching a movie at the 2007 FrightFest - I thought something was about to happen in the movie, but it didn't, so I filed it away as something to work on. I wrote it in 2008, it got optioned in 2009, sold in 2010, filmed in 2011, and now it's coming out in 2012. I've been dying to see what the FrightFest audience makes of it, so I'm really looking forward to it.

It'll be released in UK & Ireland cinemas in September, with other countries to follow, watch this space. No trailer for that or Cockneys yet, be patient! Well, be *more* patient, you've already been patient.

Update: there is a Facebook page for Tower Block here, with a cool promotional poster design. Not the final poster! To be decided! Etc!