Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cockneys Vs Zombies rated 15 in the UK

The subject line says it all, really - but I'll say more anyway, because it's my blog and who the hell are you to tell me my business and what on EARTH are you wearing??

I'm very glad that CvsZ has grabbed a 15 rating from the BBFC - you can see the details here. I obsessively collect the consumer advice for all my stuff, so I'm delighted with this one: "Contains strong comic bloody violence, gore and strong language." Compared to Severance's "Contains strong, bloody horror and violence", it sounds like I've definitely upped the swearing, at least.

We were always hoping for a 15, I didn't tone anything down while writing, we figured that if we had to cut stuff to get a 15 we'd do it from the finished film, rather than limiting ourselves. Thankfully, it didn't come to that, and the film was rated a 15 without any cuts. So, er, it's extremely sweary and violent, and has several questionable moments that I thought we'd have to cut. But we haven't! Hooray!

It's definitely a horror-comedy, not just "comedy", as the website claims. To any gore-fans who were hoping for an 18 certificate - don't worry, it's got plenty of blood, gore, and zombie splatter. Severance was also a 15, as was The Cabin in the Woods, Army of Darkness, and ALL of the splattertastic Final Destination movies, so you'll be fine. It's quite difficult to get an 18 these days, unless it's a fairly extreme movie, or you deliberately set out to get one by ticking the boxes (you know who you are). Trust me, you will come out of the cinema wondering how the hell we got a 15 for it, just like I'm doing now.