Thursday, November 01, 2012

CvsZ and Tower Block in the US

Yes! You read the subject line correctly, because you're intelligent, attractive, and have excellent taste. Cockneys Vs Zombies and Tower Block are heading your way, American people! And Canadian people too, but only for CvsZ, TB's deal is just for the US. No I don't know why. But the US is closer than the UK! You Canadianish can pop over the border for some TB fun! Or just order a DVD, I guess.

The full press release is here, but basically both movies will be out on VOD and DVD in 2013, and will have a small "platform theatrical release", which I think means a limited cinema release (like Severance had over there as far as I can tell). The release for both movies is being handled by the fantastically named Shout! Factory. I like a company that has an exclamation mark in the middle of their name. It has a certain confidence and swagger.

I'm very glad that the news is now out, I've been biting my tongue about it for a while. Soon you lovely Americanish and Canada-kind will be able to see both movies. Enjoy!

By the way, you may scour the Hollywood Reporter article all you want, but there's no mention that I wrote both the movies. I'm sure there just wasn't enough space to mention my name on their page, among all the adverts and links to articles like "Why do I have so much body hair?" Just for fun, here's a snapshot of the whole page, with the actual article highlighted in red so you can see how little space it takes up:

Pretty crammed, eh? I'm just glad they had room to mention the movies! Phew!

Update! The lovely people at Dread Central have another report on it, but have mentioned my name, and called me "notable cult film and TV scribe James Moran", which is a new one. I like that. Does that mean I'm like "noted" photographer Nigel Barker from America's Next Top Model??

Another update! Screen Daily covers the story too, and mentions me in the subhead! This isn't me being vain, by the way (although of course I am), I just think it's important for writers to be as visible as the other film makers, in all articles like this.