Thursday, June 06, 2013

Cockneys Vs Zombies out in France now

So, remember when I said we don't always get told when foreign distributors release the movies? Hey! CvsZ is out in France! Surprise!

It's available on DVD and Blu-ray, with a new cover slightly modified from one of the variant posters we had in the UK. It has French subtitles, that's all I know. I'd be very curious to see how some of the saltier phrases translate.

Speaking of which, the tagline is "Les zombies vont tomber sur un os!" which Google translates helpfully as "The zombies will fall on a bone!" I guess that's some fancy European joke I don't get. Wait! I just asked on Twitter, and apparently it means "the zombies will run into trouble/a problem/a snag" - apparently "os" can mean a bone too. Puntastic! A French pun on the cover of one of my movies! I feel all sophisticated and stuff.

So, er, allez to le shop and, er, purchaseyez-vous. If you like. Dear France: I apologise for that terrible French, and the entirety of this blog post. Also some other stuff the UK may have done in the past, I take full responsibility.