Friday, July 12, 2013

CvsZ at SDCC, and how to use rhyming slang

I'm back from CONvergence, which was *amazing*. We had great screenings of CvsZ and Tower Block, everyone was wonderful, and I ate ALL of the food in America. ALL of it. I'll do a full report about it when I've recovered from the jet lag, but in the meantime...

Cockneys Vs Zombies will have a screening at San Diego Comic Con! It's on Saturday July 20th at 8pm, in Marriott Marquis Marina Ballroom D. There's only one screening, and it's bound to fill up fast, so make sure you get in there quick if you want to see it there. You don't need a ticket (apart from your normal convention pass), from what I'm told it's a queueing system like all screenings - first come first served. Get queueing! It's the British way!

Obviously, if you can't make that screening, it's still being released on August 2nd, in selected US cinemas (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Tempe, Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City, Columbus, Austin so far) and also VOD at the same time - that's Video On Demand (Amazon, iTunes, Playstation, Xbox, Vudu), so you have plenty of ways to watch it. Demand that video! Demand it!

While you're waiting, here's a Shout Factory video podcast featuring me, in which I explain how Cockney rhyming slang works, and give you some examples - two of which you probably already use. So go and have a butcher's.