Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Nine Worlds convention

I'll be attending a new, multi-genre convention on the 9th and 10th August called Nine Worlds, and you can find all the details and tickets for the event here. The idea behind it is to do one of those huge, wide ranging events that you see a lot of in America, but not as much here.

It looks really cool, and has tons of great guests, including Rhianna Pratchett, Laurie Penny, Kim Newman, Paul Cornell, Kai Owen, Joe Lidster, Gary Russell, Emma Newman, Matthew Waterhouse, Zoe Margolis, Danie Ware, Chris Barrie, and many more.

I'm taking part in the Friday activities, and have a panel at 10am on the Saturday, about writing for Doctor Who and Torchwood, with Joe Lidster and Gary Russell. I think there's a signing after that, then I'll have to leave to get to the Swanwick Summer School that evening, so I won't get to see the rest of the convention. Hopefully next time!