Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Free Doctor Who stories by me

Presents! Christmas presents for YOU! Okay, technically these are presents from last year, but due to the fickle nature of the internet, I bet loads of you haven't seen them. I had two Doctor Who short stories published in the Big Finish Short Trips collections, and as the books are out of print (and used copies were going for huge prices), I was given permission to post them here. Which I did last year:

Companion, featuring the Eighth Doctor as played by Paul McGann, in a Christmas tale.

Breadcrumbs, featuring the Fourth Doctor as played by Tom Baker.

I'm really proud of both stories. Breadcrumbs was my first published short story, and Companion is possibly my warmest, fuzziest work so far, with no genocide, serial killers, or baby slaughter.

I also wrote two stories for the illustrated Doctor Who Storybooks, in 2009 and 2010, for the Tenth Doctor, but they're still available cheaply, so you can pick them up easily enough. And I wrote an audio story for the Seventh Doctor and Ace, beautifully narrated by Sophie Aldred, which you can find as part of a collection here.

I need to complete the collection somehow and write for the First, Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth and Ninth Doctors. One day...

Hope you enjoy the stories, and pass on the links - please don't copy and paste, just send the links themselves, I only have permission to put them here.

And in the spirit of giving, if you're looking for a local charity that would appreciate even tiny amounts, Kirkwood Hospice looked after my sister Julia at the end of her life. They provide free care for patients, even supporting their families. They're amazing people, and rely on public financial support, so if you want to donate (thank you), click the link here.

While you're reading, Behind the Sofa, a book I contributed to is on sale now, in aid of Alzheimer's Research UK - it features a short essay from me, and also from people like Neil Gaiman, Sophia Myles, Stephen Merchant, and many more. It's just over a fiver, and is well worth getting.