Friday, February 07, 2014

My first music video

Last year, I shot a new short film, which you can watch here for free. On the same day, we shot a music video, for the band Eighteen Nightmares at the Lux. Now it's online!

In the short film post, I mentioned that the short film had an unusual relationship with the music video. Well, if you've already watched the short, when you watch the video you'll see what I mean. I took snippets of the storyline from the short, mixed them with the band's performance, and made a music video out of it. Doesn't matter which one you watch first, but do watch them both to see the differences.

I'm very excited at directing my first ever music video, it's a great song, and you can find more details about it and the EP it comes from here. You can have a listen to the songs at this link here, while reading the excellent writeup they got in the Guardian.

This all came about quite randomly. One of their songs, Mother of Girl, was used in the red band trailer for Cockneys Vs Zombies, I Shazammed it to find out what it was, raved about them online, and their manager Peter got in touch. I'd been wanting to direct a music video for a while, and so here we are.

I'll do a followup post about the shooting of both short and music video, but for now, please direct your eyes and ears to the video itself, at this link here, or by playing the embedded video below. Enjoy! And pass it on.

Update: the EP is available to buy now, from this link here!

Music video credits:

Eighteen Nightmares at the Lux:
Shimon Joseph - vocals, guitar
Greg Gold - guitar
Constantin Groenert - bass
Alex Allen - drums

Starring Daniel Brocklebank

Directed by
James Moran

Camera & Sound
Stuart Dye

Jess Taylor

Production Assistant
Piers Beckley

Thanks to
Jodie Kearns
Jen Handorf

James Moran
Peter Cornish-Barlow

Shot on location at
Enterprise Studios

DCC Ash font: