Thursday, May 01, 2014

LeakyCon 2014

LeakyCon is a very cool convention being held this year in Orlando, Florida. They have a huge list of guests attending, including the amazing Amber Benson (needs no introduction), Holly Black (author of The Spiderwick Chronicles), John Green (author & YouTube wizard), Adam Glass and Robbie Thompson (writers for Supernatural), Bernie Su (of Emma Approved and the Lizzie Bennett Diaries), Nina Toussaint-White (Melody Pond), and a very handsome, talented writer called-- oh, how embarrassing! It's me!

Yes, I'll be attending LeakyCon for the first time, bringing my unique blend of paleness and overexcitement to the lucky attendees. If you want to see someone extremely ill-equipped to deal with heat and humidity, I'm your guy!

Here is the page announcing my arrival - complete with details of what I'll be doing, and a scary photo of me trying to kill people with my mind.

I'll be doing all the usual panels, signings and Q&A things you'd expect, along with some others, as well as a special workshop where I show you my writing process, and how I go from the initial, one-line idea to a finished script - it's interactive, so we'll be trawling through a newspaper for ideas (the easy bit) and building a rough outline through the power of brainstorming and chocolate. It will probably go wrong, and someone might die, but you can't make an omelette without killing a few innocent people. You just can't.

I'll also be hosting a special screening and Q&A session of Crazy For You, my short film starring Arthur Darvill and Hannah Tointon. I'm afraid I won't be able to bring either of them in my suitcase, because they don't like doing that anymore. "I can't breathe in there," they said. "Stop calling me," they said. "Break into my house again and I'll have you arrested," they said. Actors, eh?? So fussy!

Update! Full schedule details at a new blog post here!

LeakyCon takes place from July 30th to August 3rd, 2014, and you can find all the details about tickets, travel and hotels on their website here.

If you're attending, or nearby and thinking about it, then hopefully I'll see you there!