Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Writers on Writing - Episode 1

This is a new, semi-regular video series where I interview other writers - I know! Other writers who aren't me! The very thought! - about their writing process. How do they start, how do they develop an idea into a full story, and so on.

Episode 1's victim guest writer is Amber Benson, who has been writing novels, comics and movies for years - her acting background means she has a very different process to me. Although there are many similarities. Oh, you'll see. Just watch the interview, it's really good fun - it's at this link here.

Amber's new book The Witches of Echo Park comes out on January 6th 2015, and you may get it from these places:

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Barnes and Noble US

Foyles UK

There are also some other US links available at the book's Tumblr here. Amber is on Twitter, so you should go follow her. Huge thanks to Amber for being so cool and willing to talk process - we met at LeakyCon, so it was lovely of her to find time to do this. And I didn't accidentally call her Tara even *once*!

I have a few other participants on my list, but if there are any writers you'd like me to talk to - that I might reasonably be able to get - I will gratefully steal your suggestions and pretend I thought of them.