Thursday, July 30, 2015


Surprise Beyonce-style revelation!

I’ve made a new short film!

Okay, it’s not an album, so it’s not technically a Beyonce-style revelation, only in the sense that it’s a surprise. Also, I am not Beyonce. Or Sasha Fierce. But I *am* fierce, and I can smize thanks to my addiction to America’s Next Top Model.


I’ve made a new short film! Shot on June 20th, edited/graded/sound fx’d/music mixed/graded/tweaked from June 21st to July 19th (on and off, not full time), ready to hand over to The Man Who Makes The DCP on July 20th. It had to be ready by July 20th, because that’s when the DCP facilities were available.

The DCP is a fancy file that will play easily in cinemas. Why would I need that? Because...

The short film will premiere at FrightFest! Yes, like all of my other movie work, including my first short film Crazy For You, this one is debuting at my horror home, my Horror Christmas, FrightFest in London.

It’s playing on Monday 31st August, at 5.50pm, as part of the short film programme, in Discovery Screen 2. There are 11 short films in that particular slot, mine plays third. You’ll need a ticket for the slot, which you can get here, so for the price of one movie, you get 11 short films, which is a bargain in any language. Except the obscure language Cheapskateish, which does not have a word for “bargain”.

The short film is called Ghosting. It’s a supernatural horror, which I hope will scare the pants and socks off you (not necessarily in that order). The trailer is here, but it gives away very little, because if you know everything that happens in advance, I won’t be able to scare your pants and socks off. All I can tell you is this: Research assistant Lyssa Fletcher is conducting a preliminary investigation into a supposedly haunted room. Like every other case, Lyssa fully expects it to be a waste of her Saturday. Today, she'll wish it was.

It stars the brilliant Francesca Fowler, who played Evelina in my Doctor Who episode, The Fires of Pompeii. It’s been lovely to work with her again, and see a completely different side to her skills - she more than stepped up to the challenge. I can’t wait for you to see what we all cooked up together, and hope you come along to see it. It’ll play other festivals after this, watch this space for details. It will eventually go online, but after the festival run.

I hope you like it, I’m really proud of this one and extremely happy with how it turned out. Here's the poster!

If all goes well, this post will go live when the announcement goes live. If not, then MAYHEM WILL ENSUE. Or, I guess, it’ll go live at the wrong time, and nothing else will happen. I’d invest in umbrellas and heavy weaponry, if I were you. Better safe than sorry.