Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Crossing Lines

This has been in the works for a while, but now the details are up on the Big Light website: I've written an episode for season 3 of Crossing Lines!

It's a US/European co-production, shot in Europe, with an amazing cast: Goran Visnjic, Elizabeth Mitchell, Tom Wlaschiha, Lara Rossi, Stuart Martin, Naomi Battrick, and Donald Sutherland. Yes, THE Actual Donald Sutherland. I know! Trust me, when you're writing a speech for THE Actual Donald Sutherland, your fingers tingle with excitement.

Season 3 was showrun/showran/showrunned by Frank Spotnitz. I was in the writers' room, with several amazing writers, all of us breaking stories, coming up with characters, writing index cards, and helping to put together the entire season. It was a really fun, exciting, creative time, and I loved working with Frank and the team.

My episode is number 6, called "Executioner". I don't want to give anything away, as it's very twisty-turny, but there's lots of tension and death, as you'd probably expect from me. Oh, and a few jokes too, as you'd also expect from me. Spoilers! Death and jokes! There's a trailer for the show here, mainly featuring the first episode of the new season.

But where can you see it? They're currently doing an on-demand rollout in selected territories, so have a look here to see how you can watch it. Details for the UK and US will follow soon, so watch this space. I'll update when I know dates and stuff.

So that's what I've been doing for some of last year and a chunk of this year. And that's why I put on half a stone in 2 weeks last year - the writers' room was well stocked with sweets, crisps, and biscuits, and I am only human.