Tuesday, January 19, 2016

GeekyCon 2016

GeekyCon, or The Convention Formerly Known As LeakyCon (TCFKALC - pronounced TaCUFFkalc), has made YET ANOTHER terrible administrative error, and I've been invited back AGAIN, for my third visit!

I went last year (and made a video about my experiences here), and the year before (and made a video back then too), and for some reason, they haven't learned their lesson. Perhaps they were fooled by my lipsync battle stylings. Perhaps they admired my snazzy jacket. Perhaps their brains overheated in the Florida sun. Who knows?? All I know is, I'm going back. And I have a lipsync title to defend.

There's a post about it here on the GeekyCon site, where I'm listed as one of the "fan favourites", so clearly there has been some vote rigging (I deny all accusations, I wasn't even there, and certainly wouldn't know how to use my vote rigging machine which I totally don't have).

But Weird Uncle Jimbo, you cry, how can I get to this event? Good question, imaginary internet people! It's on Friday 29th to Sunday 31st July 2016, at the Orange County Convention Centre North, Orlando, Florida. Tickets and details are available here, and you'll want to keep an eye on their social media feeds, because they always have a special evening lock-in at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which goes on sale at a later date.

Surely they won't make this silly mistake again, and will delete me from their records, so catch me while you can at the 2016 event!