Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Night Vale and me

Yes. YES.

I’ve written an episode with the Night Vale team. It’s been KILLING me keeping it secret, but now it’s out, it’s the latest episode (91), and I’m so excited I could burst. I’m thrilled with how it came out, it’s such a trip to hear Cecil speaking things that came from my brain, and the whole experience was utterly lovely.

I met the Night Vale crew in 2015 at GeekyCon, hung out with them, and then realised I had to catch up on the show. So I spent from August 2015 to March 2016 catching up on every single episode. While I was doing this, I was making random notes about ideas for the show, just by myself, not knowing what I’d do with them - it really spoke to me, and sparked off tons of ideas. Much later, I asked Jeffrey if I could be involved in some way, and they graciously let me jump on board. Fast forward to now, and it’s the year 5 opener.

It’s very much a team effort, as always it’s their show and I’m just playing with their toys for a while. It’s a perfect fit for me and my style, and we’ve make a beautiful, mutant baby together. I hope you enjoy it.

If you don’t know what any of this means… go and catch up. Seriously. You won’t regret it. And check out their live shows. You *can* jump on with this year 5 start, or a live show, but all the episodes are glorious and you deserve to treat yourself by hearing them all.